The City of Corpus Christi pays for CDL driver training for applicants hired as Equipment Operators.
The City of Corpus Christi CDL training is a program designed to prepare city employees, that require a CDL in order to perform their job function, to pass the Texas written and driving tests. City employees are required to sign a training agreement to remain in a position with the City requiring a CDL license for at least 24 months or reimburse the cost of the training program. City employees are allowed up to 3 chances to pass their written and skills test at DPS. Failing to do so will result in starting test process over and paying additional fees that student will be responsible for.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact your Division and Department Manager.
- Managers of employees seeking to obtain a CDL may use this link to access step-by-step instructions to access training <http://www.learningcc.org/cdl-manager/>
Training and testing are performed using Del Mar College equipment.
CDL CLASS A TRAINING PROGRAM:
- 160 Hour course allows up to 4 students per class.
- 50 hours classroom, 50 hours backing, 60 hours driving
- 5 weeks 7am to 4:30pm M-F
CDL CLASS B TRAINING PROGRAM:
- 50 Hour course
- 20 hours classroom, 30 hours driving
- 3 weeks 7am to 4:30pm M-F
- Cost of training does not include DPS Fees for the following:
- $25.00 CDL Learners Permit
- $61.00 DPS license fee