University of Phoenix
City of Corpus Christi and University of Phoenix have teamed up to encourage employees to enhance their educational, professional and personal lives through higher education.University of Phoenix offers a learning environment that’s designed to support working adults so you can pursue the higher education you’ve always dreamed of—on a schedule that fits your lifestyle. This opportunity provides you the real-world skills needed to advance your personal and professional career goals.
What this means for you: University of Phoenix delivers rigorous coursework in a flexible format to allow students to balance work and home life while earning their degrees. Employees will receive the following benefits:
- 5% savings on the cost of tuition
- Access to the Credit Recommendation Guide to help students transition completed training and development courses into elective credit through the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process
- Access to innovative education technologies including electronic textbooks and course materials, a comprehensive online library, and intuitive writing and math tools
- A personalized Graduation Team comprised of dedicated advisors to support you from enrollment to graduation
Are you currently enrolled at University of Phoenix? If you are City of Corpus Christi employee already enrolled with University of Phoenix, simply follow the steps below to begin receiving the tuition reduction with your next class:
- First, access your University of Phoenix eCampus site
- Once logged in, select the Account tab at the top, and then select the Employer/Tribal Benefits Program
- Select City of Corpus Christi from the drop-down menu
- Once the required fields have been completed, click submit
Visit www.phoenix.edu/corpuschristi, a dedicated resource for City of Corpus Christi employees to:
- Explore degree programs
- Learn more about PLA
- Chat with a University representative
Western International University
Take some time today to learn more about what West has to offer City of Corpus Christi employees.
Higher education is an investment in yourself – one that can pay enormous dividends in personal satisfaction, professional confidence and career success.
Perhaps you have been thinking about earning your degree, and now is a great time for City of Corpus Christi employees to get started with Western International University® (West).
“Affordable” and “education.” Two words you don’t usually see in the same sentence. Bringing them together is our commitment at WEST. We are a university built for working adults and our model delivers a quality education for nearly half the cost of many other universities.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
As part of the National Association of Schools of Public Administration and Affairs (NASPAA), the Masters of Public Administration Program at TAMUCC encourages you to go public with your career.
Public Administration focuses on the application of Public Administration theory and concepts in real world situations. The program focuses on the management of critical issues in our three tracks:
- Public Management
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Administration
Stephen F. Austin State University
The online Master of Public Administration program prepares graduates for future management and leadership positions in the public sector, including local, state, and federal governments and nonprofit agencies. Public administrators in these positions implement policies, administer programs, and provide vital services that promote community, state, and national wellbeing.
The online MPA program meets the needs of professionals interested in enhanced public sector careers and recent graduates interested in public service careers. A wide range of undergraduate degrees prepare students for this program. The program combines academic expertise with “real world” experiences to provide students with outstanding opportunities to connect knowledge with practice. MPA students can work at their own pace while gaining the experience and professional credentials necessary to become responsible and effective managers and leaders.
Benefits of the MPA program include:
- Learn from instructors certified to teach online.
- Participate in career-advancing opportunities.
- Network in a learning community of peers and colleagues.
- Study in an environment that utilizes cutting-edge technology.
- Work from home and on your schedule.