Gettysburg Leadership Workshop
You are invited to register for attendance at the
2015 Gettysburg Leadership Workshop
Open to the Public
On the battlefield, a leader’s decisions take on a white-hot intensity, played out in full public view, with clear-cut winners and losers.
The leader in today’s government and business should look for lessons in this rawest form of competition. The one decisive factor in any successful endeavor is leadership, and it can make the difference between success and failure, greatness and mediocrity.
Experience a one of a kind, historical leadership workshop on key leadership attributes and real-life examples of leadership at the Battle of Gettysburg. There will be an emphasis on the importance of teamwork, communication, creativity, initiative, conflict resolution, risk-taking and determination in this workshop.
You will also learn how to:
- Decipher the critical difference between managing and leading
- Be fair but firm
- Share credit for success and take responsibility for failure
- Not let arrogance cloud judgment
- Encourage risk by absorbing mistake
- Not let bureaucracy stifle creativity and innovation
Location: American Bank Center, Rooms C102-103, Corpus Christi, TX
Day One: Thursday April 23, 2015: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Day Two: Friday April 24, 2015: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Dress Code: Business Casual
How to Register:
- City Employee: Fill out the form below, Price $149; The first 10 registrants will receive complimentary registration from the City Manager’s office.
- Others: Go to http://www.governmentresource.com/Gettysburg2015
Host Hotel: Holiday Inn Marina – Code: CIC
Point of Contact: Marisa Alvey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 361.826.3324