Job ID: 401869
Org Marketing Statement:
- We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary: $2,180- $2,861 Monthly
*Although the minimum to mid-point salary range is provided, appointments are typically made at or near range minimum.
- Department assignment upon completion of Del Mar Training Class
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Training class will be on your scheduled day – Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Who May Apply
- This position is open to internal City employees and External applicants. You DO NOT have to be a current City employee to apply for this position.
- Depending upon placement after receiving CDL A or B license, work assignment will involve duties such as: Operates construction equipment to include water truck, flat wheel and pneumatic rollers, flatbed truck, compactor, front end of chip spreader, rear end of asphalt paver, tilt trailer and 5 & 12 cu. yd. dump trucks.
- Operates a variety of brush loading equipment, including brush trucks and self-loaders.
- May be required to load trucks manually serve as traffic flagger. Performs equipment maintenance and minor repairs.
- Performs labor type duties such as sweeping loose gravel, shoveling hot mix, cutting grass, cleaning equipment and tools and other duties as assigned.
- Performs traffic control tasks for maintenance operations.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instruction, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines.
- High school diploma/GED required; One (1) year work-related experience is required. Must possess a CDL learners permit at the time of interview.
Basis of Rating
- Panel interview. Successful candidates will enter competitive roster for placement into a three (3) week CDL license training program. Upon successful completion of training program resulting in receipt of a valid CDL license, promotion into a designated Equipment Operator position will occur. Prior to entry into the training program, selected applicants will be required to sign a training agreement to remain in a position with the City requiring a CDL license for at least 24 months OR reimburse the cost of the training program.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
- This position is classified as “Safety Sensitive”. All employees in safety sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing, pursuant to City policy, HR 15.0 Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
Job opening will close on: **Until Filled**