THE MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
Required for All City of Corpus Christi Managers
The Management Academy is a program designed specifically for the City’s new and emerging leaders. The Academy’s goal is to expose participants to exceptional management practices and offer them a fuller understanding of the formal and informal processes that drive City government.
Through workshops and opportunities to apply new skills and knowledge, the Academy will prepare participants to meet the unique demands of managing in City government.
To accommodate the varied schedules of all employees at the City of Corpus Christi, we offer this academy with a blend of instructor-led instruction and online courses.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Admission into the Management Academy requires the following:
- Must be a City of Corpus Christi Employee, and
- Must have permission from your Manager to attend this training, and
- Must be a Manager Level Employee, OR
- Must be a Graduate of the Supervisor Academy AND currently supervise employees, OR
- Must be on a career path to be a Manager Level Employee.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Apply for admission by registering below.
2. Complete all the assigned training courses.
4. After completing all the courses you will graduate from the academy.
- Management Academy Boot Camp (8 Hours Classroom Course)
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction (Online)
- IS- IS-800.B: National Response Framework, An Introduction (Online)
- The Management Styles (Online)
- Become a Manager and Coach (Online)
- Emotional Intelligence Fundamentals (Online)
- Align Resources to Strategic Priorities (Online)
- Managing Team Resources (Online)
- Connecting Team Work to the Strategy (Online)
- Effective Leadership (Online)
- Understanding Contracts and Their Use (Online)
- Basics of Budgeting (Online)