Management Academy Documents
The Management Academy is a program designed specifically for the City’s new and emerging leaders. The Academy’s goal is to expose participants to exceptional management practices and offer them a fuller understanding of the formal and informal processes that drive City government.
Through workshops and opportunities to apply new skills and knowledge, the Academy will prepare participants to meet the unique demands of managing in City government.
To accommodate the varied schedules of all employees at the City of Corpus Christi, we offer this academy with a blend of instructor-led instruction and online courses.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Admission into the Management Academy requires the following:
- Must be a City of Corpus Christi Employee, and
- Must have permission from your Manager to attend this training, and
- Must be a Manager Level Employee, OR
- Must be a Graduate of the Supervisor Academy AND currently supervise employees, OR
- Must be on a career path to be a Manager Level Employee.
ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT ACADEMY ONLINE COURSES
You will have 8 weeks to complete the online courses listed below in the outline below.
IMPORTANT: You will need access to our online training platform called ‘OpenSesame’. If you do not have this access, please request it here: http://www.learningcc.org/training
STEP 1: Log into the online course platform via your assigned username and password.
STEP 2: Complete the assigned online courses as per the topics listed below.
STEP 3: Once you finish all the courses, please complete the completion survey form below on this website to let us know when you have finished all the coursework so that we can begin verifying your completion and credentialize your participation
STEP 4: To receive your certificate of graduation, attend the next Employee of the Quarter Recognition Event to receive your certification of graduation from the City Manager. RSVP here: http://learningcc.org/recognition
Management Academy Course Outline
- Leadership Skills (Classroom): DONE!
- Empower, Coach & Honor Staff (Classroom) – Register Here: http://learningcc.org/technicalacademy
- Business Management (Classroom) – Register Here: http://learningcc.org/technicalacademy
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction (Online)
- IS- IS-800.B: National Response Framework, An Introduction (Online)
- The Management Styles (Online)
- Become a Manager and Coach (Online)
- Emotional Intelligence Fundamentals (Online)
- Align Resources to Strategic Priorities (Online)
- Managing Team Resources (Online)
- Connecting Team Work to the Strategy (Online)
- Effective Leadership (Online)
- Understanding Contracts and Their Use (Online)
- Basics of Budgeting (Online)