Training is not only for new employees. It is valuable to continue your training on specific areas that relate to your current role. The Corpus Christi Learning Institute provides educational and organizational development programs for the City of Corpus Christi. This institute is the realization of the City of Corpus Christi strategic goal to develop exceptional employment opportunities and programs to keep the City at the forefront of municipal service and meet the growing demand for competent, well qualified, customer focused workforce professionals.
The Learning Institute will help you achieve your full potential. It will house City wide access to training centers, classrooms, technology, opportunities for employee recognition and performance appraisal initiatives. The institute will support the growth and development of the workforce with interdepartmental synergies, innovative professional development practices, and advanced strategies to measure progress.
- Talent Development: Learning opportunities, research, analysis, bench-marking, online resources for professionals focused on developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others employees
- Educational Assistance Program:
- Workshops and Conferences: Bring professionals together in conferences, workshops, and in virtual communities.
- Instructor Development: Offer professional development opportunities for internal trainers, and those focused on developing our City’s talent.
- Internship Program: An Internship Job Bank and Career Center for student engagement and recruiting opportunities.
- Serves as the voice of Learning and Organizational Development for the City of Corpus Christi and collaborate with other associations, organizations, and educational institutions to advance the mission.
The following success factors will assist in achieving the vision within The Corpus Christi Learning institute:
- Leverage skills across organizational domains
- Promote mutual respect and cooperation
- Focus on inter-professional learning environment
- Prioritize training resources to support the vision
Sign up today and get the most out of your job!