TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
This course is designed to develop basic project management skills to successfully complete technical projects. This is a very popular course for City of Corpus Christi managers and employees involved in technical project management!
In just 2 days you’ll understand the unique challenges of managing technical projects and discover how applying project management methodology can give you a step-by-step approach to tackling your toughest challenges. You’ll discuss the value of planning, scheduling and how to manage scope. Use tools and techniques to establish a sound estimating process.
Find out how to keep projects on track and evaluate project performance and participate in communications exercises to help successfully lead project teams.
How You Will Benefit
- Identify potential problems and solve them using troubleshooting techniques
- Track projects more effectively
- Create status reports that show top management where budgeting, scheduling and manpower trends are headed
- Cope with tight technical project schedules
- Defining Project Objectives
- Project Scope Development
- Project Cost – Setting a Budget & Tracking Costs
- Project Schedule – Setting a Timeline & Tracking Progress
- Team Development/Team Management/Risk Management
- Procurement – Contracts & Purchasing
- Project Communication
Requirements for Successful Completion:
- Attendees must bring a project to this workshop to which they can apply the skills they will be developing.
- Satisfactory completion of this workshop can only be achieved by full participation.
- Full participation requires attending both days of the workshop and completing assigned homework.
Mr. Rene Ramirez has over 18 years of project management experience in the petrochemical industry.
He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&I University.
He has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Texas A&M – Corpus Christi.
He is a member of the Project Management Institute.
He is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
He is currently employed with BP as a Safety & Operational Risk Auditor.