Where You Are the Star!
The City of Corpus Christi recognizes and celebrates examples of excellence in providing results and outstanding customer service. We are so excited to be recognizing all the amazing employees who work at the City of Corpus Christi!
These employees help inspire creativity, improve our productivity and motivates the entire organization!
Everyone, including our citizens, is able to recognize individuals and teams who contribute in a significant and exceptional manner.
EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR
Voting Dates: November 29, 2016 – December 9, 2016
Deadline to Vote: December 9, 2016
Wednesday December 14, 2016
3:30pm – 5:00pm, American Bank Center(Henry Garrett Rm C)
Guidelines and Procedures
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. 361.826.3336, firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the City of Corpus Christi’s Recognition Program is to:
- Recognize individuals and groups of individuals who contribute in a significant and exceptional manner by a special act.
- Recognize and celebrate examples of excellent customer service;
- Positively reinforce excellence in providing results and outstanding customer service.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW RECOGNITION EVENT PHOTOS
TYPES OF RECOGNITION
Employee of the Quarter Awards
The Employee of the Quarter Award recognizes the outstanding qualities and contributions of employees towards departmental and City of Corpus Christi goals and mission. Show your appreciation and acknowledge an outstanding employee by nominating him/her for the Employee of the Quarter Award. How it works: Nominator completes the nomination form. Nominator submits the form to the Human Resources department as per instructions on the form. The City votes on who they would like to win the Employee of the Quarter award. All candidates attend the Employee of the Quarter recognition event. The winner is announced and presented with an award. All candidates receive a certificate of nomination. The employee who wins will receive a monetary award submitted to payroll for disbursement, and an award with their name on it.
DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM…>>
Employee of the Year Awards
The annual Employee of the Year Award is presented to City of Corpus Christi staff in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the City. Each winner is selected for displaying outstanding performance, inspired leadership, extraordinary service to the city and community as well as exceptional interpersonal skills. These employees embody this criteria day in and day out, regardless of whom, if anyone, is watching. How it works: Award winners of the Employee of the Quarter are considered for the employee of the year award. The City votes and decides who they would like to have as their employee of the year.
Years of Service Award
Years of service pins are awarded to employees based on years of service as a full-time employee with the City of Corpus Christi, beginning with the first service pin after five years of continuous service and then awarded in 5-year intervals up to 45 years of service. How it works: The Human Resources department calculates the years of service and sends pins to each department liaison once a month for distribution to employees at their next opportunity for department meeting.
City Champions Awards (Previously known as Outstanding Service Awards)
The purpose of our City Champions employee recognition program will be to recognize and reward work and behaviors that support and further the mission, goals, values and initiatives of the City of Corpus Christi, also known as City Championship characteristics. Connecting recognition to the implementation of the City Champions Program will ensure that employees will consider the mission, goals and values of the program during their everyday work and roles. For more information about the City Champions program, please visit: www.learningcc.org/citychampionsprogram
The City Champions training has three categories as follows:
- Monetary Award: This is a cash award with certificate to recognize unique individual effort that goes significantly beyond expected job performance. They can be either within or outside assigned job responsibilities. How it works: Nominator completes the nomination form. Nominator submits the form to the Human Resources department as per instructions on the form. Employee will receive a monetary award submitted to payroll for disbursement, a certificate, and will also be recognized verbally and in the program at the next employee of the quarter recognition event.
DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM…>>
- Non-Monetary: This is an award with certificate to recognize unique individual effort that goes significantly beyond expected job performance. They can be either within or outside assigned job responsibilities. How it works: Nominator completes the nomination form. Nominator submits the form to the Human Resources department as per instructions on the form. Employee will receive a certificate and will also be recognized verbally and in the program at the next employee of the quarter recognition event.
DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM…>>
- Department: This is an award presented to a department director, recognizing exceptional effort in promoting the mission and goals of the City Champions program within their department. Leadership is the key to success. How it works: The criteria to win this award is the following:
- Percentage of employees in the department who have completed the City Champions Program Level 2 Training is at or over 90%
- Percentage of Employee Performance Appraisals received from the department is at or over 90%
- The department director has attended The City Champions Level 3 Training
- The department director is a participant in the Executive Leadership Academy.
Educational Achievement Award
The City of Corpus Christi is committed to helping employees pursue growth and development. The Educational Achievement Award is designed to promote professional growth and development of employees. We recognize employees who have completed an educational milestone in their career. This includes, GED or High School Diploma, Professional Certifications, Associate’s Degrees, Bachelor’s Degrees, Master’s Degrees or Doctoral Degrees, and others submitted for consideration. How it works: Employee completes educational achievement. Employee submits the certificate or other acceptable proof of completion for permanent record keeping in their employee file by filling out this online form: http://www.learningcc.org/educationsubmission. Employee receives their award at the next recognition event based on the quarter they earned the educational credentials.
Volunteer of the Year Award
Wherever employees choose to give back, the City of Corpus Christi is proud to provide its support. To encourage employees in their volunteer efforts, we offer all employees to participate in City sponsored volunteer event or help out another organization of their choice. This award is given to all employees who log hours in the volunteer log. The organizations and activities must be validated as non-profit organizations. How it works: Volunteer at an event or support an organization. Submit your hours in the volunteer log online form. The top employees with the most volunteer year hours at the end of the budget year will be provided awards.
LOG YOUR HOURS HERE….>>
On-The-Spot Award (Coming soon)
On-The-Spot Awards were designed to recognize special contributions, as they occur, for a specific project or task. The On-The-Spot award lets employees know that someone has noticed their noteworthy contribution. At the same time, it recognizes and reinforces the behaviors and values that are important at the City of Corpus Christi. How it works: Request your on-the-spot award toolkit. Give the On-The-Spot award to the employee. Ask the employee to return the notecard provided for entry into the drawing of the quarter.