THE SUPERVISOR ACADEMY
Being a successful supervisor can be a challenge. There are a lot of responsibilities. This academy is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to manage people more effectively—and be ready for unexpected change.
We will explore topics critical to developing effective management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills and time management skills—everything you need to manage people effectively.
To accommodate the varied schedules of all employees at the City of Corpus Christi, The Learning Institute offers three Supervision Academy’s each year with a blend of face to face instruction and online courses.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
Admission to the Supervisor Academy is limited to the following:
- Must have permission from your Supervisor or Manager to attend this training, and
- Must be a Supervisor Level Employee, OR
- Must be on a career path to be a Supervisor Level Employee. Check with your supervisor for eligibility.
HOW IT WORKS
- Apply for admission by registering to attend the next 4 hour Supervision BootCamp. (See Schedule Below)
- After completing the Boot Camp you receive access to the online training modules.
- Complete the training modules within 8 weeks.
- After completing all the courses you will graduate from the Supervision Academy.
- Supervisor Boot Camp (4-Hour Course)
- FEMA -ICS-100.c: Intro to the Incident Command System
- FEMA- ICS-200.c: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
- Succeed as A Supervisor
- Supporting Employees
- Hiring Right
- Valuing Diversity for Managers
- Management Meetings: Giving Positive & Constructive Feedback
- Career Plans for Your Employees
- Office Safety
- An Effective Leader’s Guide to Time Management
- Performance Management: Performance Review
- Recognize Employees Each and Every Day
- Build Win-Win Relationships with Your Team