THE SUPERVISOR ACADEMY
Being a successful supervisor can be a challenge. There are a lot of responsibilities. This academy is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to manage people more effectively—and be ready for unexpected change.
We will explore topics critical to developing effective management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills and time management skills—everything you need to manage people effectively.
To accommodate the varied schedules of all employees at the City of Corpus Christi, The Learning Institute offers three Supervision Academy’s each year with a blend of face to face instruction and online courses.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
Admission to the Supervisor Academy is limited to the following:
- Must be a City of Corpus Christi Employee, and
- Must have permission from your Supervisor or Manager to attend this training, and
- Must be a Supervisor Level Employee, OR
- Must be on a career path to be a Supervisor Level Employee. Check with your supervisor for eligibility.
HOW IT WORKS
- Apply for admission by registering to attend the next 4 hour Supervision BootCamp. (See Schedule Below)
- After completing the Boot Camp you receive access to the online training modules.
- Complete the training modules within 8 weeks.
- After completing all the courses you will graduate from the Supervision Academy.
- Supervisor BootCamp (Classroom – 4 hour course)
- Basic Principles of Supervision (Online)
- Employee Communications (Online)
- Effective Hiring (Online)
- Workplace Diversity (Online)
- Giving and Receiving Feedback (Online)
- Developing Employees (Online)
- Workplace Safety (Online)
- Prioritization and Time Management (Online)
- Performance Management (Online)
- Employee Recognition (Online)
- Team-building (Online)
- IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS 100 (Online)
- IS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (Online)