The Supervisor Academy
Being a successful supervisor can be a challenge. There are a lot of responsibilities. This academy is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to manage people more effectively-and be ready for unexpected change. We will explore topics critical to developing effective management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills and time management-everything you need to manage people effectively.
WHY PARTICIPATE: The Organizational Development Division designed the training to enhance supervisor knowledge in order to provide foundational education in supervising city personnel as well as to cultivate future Division and Department Managers. This course is also partnered with Del Mar College and city employees that complete the program will receive a completion certificate from Del Mar College along with 2.7 Continuing Education Credits.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The Supervisor’s Academy is exclusively for City of Corpus Christi employees.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Register and complete HR 101 and Supervisor Strategies Session.
- Once you finish both courses, please complete the following form on this website to let us know when you have finished all the coursework so that we can begin verifying your completion and credentialize your participation: http://www.learningcc.org/supervisoracademycompletionform
- After completing the first two steps, you will graduate from the Supervision Academy and receive your certificate from Del Mar College.
- Employees who have previously completed the Supervisor Academy are not required to but are HIGHLY encouraged to participate in the updated Academy.
- Employees may complete these classes in any order.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Organizational Development at LearningInstitute@cctexas.com or 361.826.3336.
ABOUT HR 101
This intensive 16-hour workshop provides you with the essential skills to effectively lead others in the workplace by giving supervisors specialized training in HR policies. You will leave with proven tools that will help you clearly define your role as a leader and master the fundamental skills that are essential to your success. Participation in this course is required for admission to the Supervisor Academy.
|Day 1||Day 2|
|3:15||Org Dev||4:30||Manager Panel/Q&A/Certs|
Use this link to Register for upcoming HR 101 classes.
ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR STRATEGIES SESSION
In this 8-hour session, participants will learn strategies that enhance their supervisory skills and promote better employee performance.
Concepts in this session include:
- Understanding Employee Personalities
- Upholding Standards
- Effective Communication
- Performance Management
- Managing Conflict
- Employee Performance
Use this link to register for an upcoming Supervisor Strategies Session