The Supervisor Academy
Being a successful supervisor can be a challenge. There are a lot of responsibilities. This academy is designed to help you develop and refine the skills you need to manage people more effectively-and be ready for unexpected change. We will explore topics critical to developing effective management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills and time management-everything you need to manage people effectively.
WHY PARTICIPATE: The Organizational Development Division designed the training to enhance supervisor knowledge in order to provide foundational education in supervising city personnel as well as to cultivate future Division and Department Managers. This course is also partnered with Del Mar College and city employees that complete the program will receive a completion certificate from Del Mar College along with 2.7 Continuing Education Credits.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The Supervisor’s Academy is exclusively for City of Corpus Christi employees.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Apply for admission by registering to attend the 16-hour HR 101.
- After completing HR 101 you will receive access to the online training modules.
- Complete the online training modules within 8 weeks of completion of HR 101.
- After completing all the courses you will graduate from the Supervision Academy and receive your certificate from Del Mar College.
ABOUT HR 101
This intensive 16-hour workshop provides you with the essential skills to effectively lead others in the workplace by giving supervisors specialized training in HR policies. You will leave with proven tools that will help you clearly define your role as a leader and master the fundamental skills that are essential to your success. Participation in this course is required for admission to the Supervisor Academy.
|Day 1||Day 2|
|3:15||Org Dev||4:30||Manager Panel/Q&A/Certs|
Use this link to Register for upcoming HR 101 classes.
ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR ACADEMY ONLINE COURSES
You will have 8 weeks to complete the online courses listed below. IMPORTANT: You will need access to our online training platform called ‘OpenSesame’. If you do not have this access, please request it here: http://www.learningcc.org/training
STEP 1: Log into the online course platform via your assigned username and password.
STEP 2: Complete the assigned online courses as per the topics listed below.
SUPERVISOR ACADEMY ONLINE COURSE OUTLINE:
- Succeed as a Supervisor
- Supporting Employees
- Legal Aspects of Interviewing and Hiring
- Valuing Diversity
- Career Plans for Your Employees
- Office Safety
- An Effective Leader’s Guide to Time Management
- Performance Management 03: Feedback and Counseling
- Recognize Employees Each and Every Day
- Motivating Your Team
- FEMA – ICS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- FEMA – ICS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
STEP 3: Once you finish all the courses, please complete the following form on this website to let us know when you have finished all the coursework so that we can begin verifying your completion and credentialize your participation:http://www.learningcc.org/supervisoracademycompletionform
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Organizational Development at LearningInstitute@cctexas.com or 361.826.3336.