In partnership with Education to Employment Partners, the City of Corpus Christi is proud to offer the Emerging Professionals Internship Program. It is a year-long program designed for high school students with an interest in the following high demand careers.
COHORT #1 - September 2019
COHORT #2 - January 2020
HOW THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM WORKS
- Students register for the program in the spring semester of their junior year of high school.
- Students participate in a 6 week, 2 hours per day summer training for professional workplace essential skills development. Students will also have an opportunity to complete a Del Mar course for this.
- Students that successfully complete the summer training will interview with your department for an internship for their senior year of high school.
- If accepted, students will go to high school for a portion of the day and be released to go to work at their internship for three hours each day.
- Students will work for your department 15 hours per week between 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Students will be working under your mentorship from September through May (8 months)
We need your department to provide projects that fit the following criteria:
- Be committed to partnering with HR to develop a workforce for in-demand professional careers as per below:
– General or Operations Management
– Human Resources
– Training & Development
– Legal Assistants
– Legal Secretary
– Information Technology
- Provide real work and leadership for the high school students
- Provide $10/hour compensation
- About $6,000 annual commitment
- Provide 15 hours per week of mentorship and guidance
- Must be between 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Provide access to the position from September through May
- Annually for about 8 months
APPLY TO BE A HOST DEPARTMENT
For More information and to apply to be a host department contact us:
The City of Corpus Christi Learning Institute
Human Resources Department