MANAGEMENT FELLOWS PROGRAM
Since 2014 the City of Corpus Christi has offered a variety of immersive employment opportunities for students seeking valuable work experience in government policy and administration.
The City of Corpus Christi Management Fellows Program is designed to prepare students for managerial and executive careers in the public sectors of the economy. Students in the program will participate for 12 months increasing their understanding of administrative theory, policy making, data analysis, public budgeting and finance, and other local government operations, through hands on experience in various departments throughout the City.
The mission of the City of Corpus Christi Management Fellows Program is to develop and place talented Master’s level students in immersive talent development roles to prepare them for future employment and community leadership opportunities.
Through this Management Fellows Program, students will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the City’s mission to deliver municipal services which meet the vital health, safety and general welfare needs of the residents and which sustain and improve their quality of life.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the underlying concepts and principles of public administration and the ability to evaluate and interpret them in the context of the City of Corpus Christi, the state and the nation;
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret, evaluate and present qualitative and quantitative data, develop lines of argument and make sound judgments in accordance with theories and concepts of public administration;
- Evaluate the appropriateness of policy and management options related to the public sectors and communicate results accurately, reliably and with structured coherent arguments;
- Conduct and implement budgeting operations, policy and program analysis; and
- Value lifelong learning in order to develop new skills within a public management environment.
In order to apply for the Management Fellows Program at the City of Corpus Christi, students must:
- Be a recent graduate of a Master’s in Public Administration or Master’s in Business Administration program.
- Graduation date must be on or after June 1, 2019
- Be a current graduate student attending an accredited educational institution studying Master’s in Public Administration or Master’s in Business Administration program.
- Must be projected to graduate on or before June 1, 2021
- Devote a minimum of 40 hours per week to this Management Fellowship Program.
KEY DATES & TIMELINE FOR 2020
- Monday February 24, 2020: Start Accepting Applications
- Friday, April 3, 2020 by 5pm: Deadline for Applications
- April 6 – 30, 2020: Pre-Screen and Finalist Interviews
- On or before May 15, 2020: Successful Candidate Announcement
- June 1, 2020: Management Fellow Work Start Date
- May 28, 2021: Management Fellows Work End Date
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Students must submit the online interest form below to be considered for an interview.
STEP 2: Students will recieve individualized notification to submit an employment application to the City of Corpus Christi Human Resources Department for employment verification and screening purposes.