WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The Supervision Academy is exclusively for City of Corpus Christi employees.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Apply for admission by registering to attend the four-hour Supervisor Boot Camp.
- After completing the Boot Camp you receive access to the online training modules.
- Complete the training modules within 8 weeks.
- After completing all the courses you will graduate from the Supervision Academy and receive your certificate from the Director of Human Resources.
ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR BOOT CAMP
This intensive four-hour workshop provides you with the essential skills to effectively lead others in the workplace. You will leave with proven tools that will help you clearly define your role as a leader and master the fundamental skills that are essential to your success. Participation in this course is required for admission to the Supervisor Academy.
ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR ACADEMY ONLINE COURSES
You will have 8 weeks to complete the online courses listed below. IMPORTANT: You will need access to our online training platform called ‘OpenSesame’. If you do not have this access, please request it here: http://www.learningcc.org/training
STEP 1: Log into the online course platform via your assigned username and password.
STEP 2: Complete the assigned online courses as per the topics listed below.
STEP 3: Once you finish all the courses, please complete the following form on this website to let us know when you have finished all the coursework so that we can begin verifying your completion and credentialize your participation: http://www.learningcc.org/supervisoracademydocs
SUPERVISOR ACADEMY COURSE OUTLINE:
- Succeed as a Supervisor
- Supporting Employees
- Legal Aspects of Interviewing and Hiring
- Valuing Diversity
- Career Plans for Your Employees
- Office Safety
- An Effective Leader’s Guide to Time Management
- Performance Management 03: Feedback and Counseling
- Recognize Employees Each and Every Day
- Motivating Your Team
- FEMA – ICS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- FEMA – ICS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Scott Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org 361.826.3336.